Since we setup DatabaseMail on our server at work we started to get the following kind of email whenever a maintenance plan ran.
NEW COMPONENT OUTPUT
Microsoft(R) Server Maintenance Utility (Unicode) Version 9.0.4035 Report was generated on "server".
Back Up Database (Transaction Log) (server) Backup Database on Local server connection
Type: Transaction Log
Task start: 2009-02-20T08:30:02.
Task end: 2009-02-20T08:30:03.
We had looked at all the notification setting but couldn't find anywhere that told SQL server to send an email when a maintenance plan ran.
Finally with the help of a post we found that this feature can be switch on or off by doing the following
- Open Management Studio
- Connect to a database server instance
- Drill down to Management -> Maintenance Plan
- Click on the maintenance plan that is causing the issue.
- Click on the icon next to 'Manage Connections'. If you hover over it should display 'Reporting and Logging'.
- It will display the window below
- Make sure the checkbox labelled as 'Send report to an email recipient' is not check to stop the emails being sent.
- Lastly save the Maintenance Plan.
Hope this helps someone
Post a Comment