File locations can now be added to the 'large white box' by right clicking on the box and choosing 'paste'. Any copied file locations will be inserted into the box.
An example of the format for file locations is as follows:
C:\Documents and Settings\sony\Desktop\andreas01
C:\Documents and Settings\sony\Desktop\drupal-5.12
C:\Documents and Settings\sony\Desktop\jquery
C:\Documents and Settings\sony\Desktop\marinelli
C:\Documents and Settings\sony\Desktop\NotepadCodeLab
If the above lines are copied then they can be successfully pasted into the 'large white box'.
This method will not check for the validity of locations.
*** End of UPDATE***
At work we have 5 Citrix servers with identical software on them.
In order to keep them identical we have to replicate any changes we make to all servers. For in house software updates, we have to copy executables and required folders to all servers when we make a change to our software.
To make such updates easier I have developed a program called CopyToLocs. This is a standalone executable that will run on any Windows XP or above computer and will allow you set a source file or folder and a number of destination folders. When the program runs it will copy the file or folder into all the destination folders. You also have the option to create a shortcut to a file, with a custom name, rather than copying the file to destination folders.
You have the ability to save your source file / folder path and destination folder setting to an configuration file. This will allow you to repeat copy jobs easily.
- Download the program zip file.
- Extract the executable to a location on your computer / usb stick
- Double-click the executable to run the program.
- There are two tabs to choose from. One is labelled 'File' and the other is labelled 'Folder'.
- Choose the relevant tab
- Click on the elipses (...) button to select the file or folder name.
- If you require to copy a file or folder as a short cut tick the box labelled 'shortcut' and enter a name for the short cut.
- Drag and drop, into the large white box, any folders that you would like to be destinations for the source file / folder.
- Click on copy file or copy folder to start the process.
- [optional] Click on File -> Save to save the setting for you file / folder copy.
- To load the saved settings click on File -> Load and navigate to where your settings are saved.
This software is free to use and doesn't come with any warranty. Remember that you can always donate
If you have any comments or questions then please leave them in the comments section.