Below is for reference only
Download Motivate Me
What is it?
Motivate Me is a FREE application that sits in you notification bar and periodically pops up with configurable random phrases or messages to keep you motivated. Motivate Me can also be used to aid revision for students or any other situation where you need to remember facts or phrases.
Reason for creating the application?
I felt motivated to create Motivate Me application because of an article I read on Lifehacker.com. The article showed how a person had created a wallpaper with messages on it used to motivate people. The problem I saw with the wallpaper method was that the average computer wallpaper is cover up with programs most of the time so a user would not get the full benefit of the messages.
In order to combat this shortcoming I thought it would be useful to create an application that would take the motivational messages and show them periodically on a pop up box. I tried to make the pop up box similar to an outlook 2003 new mail notification box.
As I was developing Motivate Me I realised that the premise of periodically notifications could be applied to a number of situations.
Some examples I thought of were:
- Revision aid for students who must remember facts.
- A daily reminder system
How to install?
Download the zip file. The zip file contains 3 files. Extract all files to a location on your computer.
Once extracted double click on MotivateMe.exe to run the application. You will notice a red and white star icon appear in the notification area ( near the clock on you taskbar).
How to setup?
In order to setup Motivate Me to your liking right-click on the Motivate Me icon in the notification area. Then click on 'Properties'. The window below will appear.
In this window you can do the following:
- Change the title of the popup notification box.
- Change the interval between messages in minutes.
- Change the number of second the message will stay on screen in seconds.
- setup all the phrases that you want to appear in the notification area by adding to the phrases grid.
- At the bottom of the window there are two button. The pause / resume button toggles between stopping and starting the notifications. The save button saves any changes you make to the properties of Motivate Me.
What does the notification look like?
Here is an example of a notification
Comments / Suggestions
If you have any comments or suggestions then please leave a comment. I will try to respond as soon as possible.
Post a Comment