Here is what I did to set it up:
- Insert the CD into the server and reboot.
- A linux boot screen will automatically start up.
- After loading all setup file the the system will ask if you want to install the server.
- Click [enter] and then [f11] to install and agree to the license.
- The setup will install VMWare ESXi server. (Takes about 10 minutes)
- After installation you will have the opportunity to create a root password.
- The server will be configure with DHCP. So if the server is on the network it will obtain an ip address.
- Go to a windows machine on the network and type in the ip address of the server in an internet browser. You will be prompted for a username and password
- On the page that displays you will have a link to download Virtual Infrastructure Manager (VIM).
- Download the setup files and install on the windows machine.
- VIM Allows you to monitor the VMWare ESXi server and create / manage virtual machines.
Post a Comment