The B2175 doesn't boot to USB, it doesn't have a floppy drive and it doesn't have a CD drive.
The only way to install anything on it is through PXE.
- Download my custom zip file package. It contains everything required to install Win XP through PXE except for the Win XP installation files ;-)
- Unzip the file to C:\ drive. After unzipping you will have a folder called 'root' and a file called smartdrv.exe on the c drive.
- Copy the i386 folder from your windows xp cd to a folder that is shared on your local network. In my case I copied the i386 folder to \\xpcomputer\video .
- Copy the file smartdrv.exe from c:\ to your share folder i.e. \\xpcomputer\video
- In the root folder there will be a file called 'Tftpd32-3.33-setup.exe'. Run the file to install a TFTP server onto you computer.
- After installing the TFTP server. Start the TFTP server.
- Change current directory to 'c:\root' in the TFTP server program
- Under DHCP Server tab set the following (assuming your router's ip address is 192.168.0.1):
ip pool starting address to 192.168.0.40
Size of pool 10
Boot file pxelinux.0
WINS/DNS Server 192.168.0.1
Default router 192.168.0.1
- Click save and then choose the 'settings' button and make sure that 'PXE compatibility' is checked.
- Now boot the destination machine into PXE. After PXE boots up you should see the following screen. Choose 'network boot' and press enter.
I have run this setup on a home network with normal settings. I wouldn't set this up on a corporate network unless you know what you are doing as the TFTP server may interfere with DHCP settings or other settings.
I referenced the following page in order to create this walk through.
If you have any comments about this walk through or are having problems then post a comment.